My Books

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gratitude and Our Ability to Attract

"By focusing on the things that you actually have, the things which allow you to fulfill your purpose, opens the doors for even more blessing to come, as our ability to attract is directly related to our state of gratitude." -Dr. Nick Campos

I read this quote earlier today in a newsletter that was sent to me via twitter this morning. It spoke to me, so I thought I'd share my thoughts with you instead of writing them down in a journal.
By being grateful for the things that you already have, you attract more gifts into your life. Tony Robbins, who I mentioned yesterday on my blog, said that you can't be angry and grateful, or frustrated and grateful, etc. at the same time. If you switch your thoughts to one of gratitude then it is impossible to feel anything but grateful. Not only are you getting rid of painful feelings such as anger, frustration, boredom, guilt, jealousy etc., but you are allowing yourself to receive more. When the flow of energy is open...anything can happen! :)
Five things that I am grateful for at this moment are my husband, two beautiful boys, my family for their ongoing support and guidance, my amazing friends and the friends that I've been fortunate to get to know through my writing, and for being able to share this post with you. You can be grateful for something as simple as breathing - even though breathing is definitely not trivial since we need to breathe to survive. Even if you feel that you have nothing to be grateful for, at this moment (which is really all we have for sure), you're alive and breathing.
Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you're grateful for.

XOXO,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment