My Books

Monday, May 28, 2012

Heroes and Heroines

Archetypes are said to be mythical, like Aphrodite and Dionysus. They live in our deepest desires and imagination, whether they are actors on TV, characters in books, or celebrities on the cover of Us Weekly magazine.

Archetypes are heroes and heroines, characters and people, who are "bigger than life." According to Deepak Chopra in The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, "Our individual archetypes are reflected in our desires and intentions." We all identify with the labels given to us by others. Some of my "labels" include: sister, friend, mother, wife, writer, etc. These are labels that are given to us by the "outside" world. When people ask who we are, we usually answer with one or more of these labels. Because, really, other than our relationships and our jobs, what else are we?

The real question is who are you without the labels you've been given? What are your archetypes? I participated in an exercise to find out what I desired most in life. What am "I," other than the labels I carry around. Think about the "bigger than life" people who inspire you. I spent the morning deciding on who inspires me, and these are who I came up with...


"There is a vision for my life that is greater than my imagination can hold."
~Oprah

Success
Spirit
Abundance
Gratitude
Generosity
Inspiration to Others
Teacher


“What happens when you lose your heart's desire?”
~Stephenie Meyer, New Moon

Publishing Success
Best Selling Author
Books brought to life through movies
Inspiration to Authors
Changes lives of readers
Brings joy to others


"The past is gone. The future is not here. I am free of both. What do I choose? Joy!" ~Deepak Chopra

Enlightenment
Fulfillment
Unity Consciousness
Compassion
Meditation
Transcendence
Synchrodestiny
Teacher

Now that I've shared mine, who inspires you? Find out who you are by looking at the qualities you are drawn to in others.

XOXO,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment